Monday, July 26, 2010

I just want an updated blog

I get so mad or upset when I go to read people's blogs and they have not updated anything in like months. I usually think to myself, "Why do they even have a blog?" and then today I was looking at my blog seeing that I had not updated in quite a while and realized I was becoming one of "those". So when I tried to login I could not even remember my password. I had to reset it and now I am back to updating again. Life is very full. I am working on a big youth trip that we go on every year. This year the place we usually stay for free is not avaliable and the adults that always go are not going so it has been difficult. My family is changing on a daily basis it seems. We think Kailey is almost potty trained one day and then the next she'll go in her underwear all day. Makenna is smiling and cooing becoming her own personality. Sarah and I are working out again trying to live healthy even though it is extremely hard. I just wanna eat M&Ms and hamburgers and burritos and drink Dr Peppers & Sweet Tea instead of water. I nightly give someone other than myself a bath, I typically dress at least one person other than myself sometimes two other people of the other gender as well. Change at least a couple of diapers(which isn't that many compared to Sarah) but still LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHANGE!!! It is very fun but very different. I am working on the discipleship ministry for this fall at our church. I am working at getting all the technology at the church working and functioning correctly and keeping it on campus instead of letting 11 year olds steal it. I am also trying to schedule a church wide Sunday School training day for the Fall sometime. The church finances aren't terible nut not great either. We are 24,000 behind budget right now and continually spending more. It's high spending time right now too. On top of all that I really was hired to be the Student Minister and so I do try to keep that successful and reaching and discipling the students in our area. We seems to be shrinking rather than growing. I would like to special order 4 or 5 adults that care more about the students than about teaching a lesson. Love is abounding in my life but so is responsibility and requirements. Life is a balance act and it often feels we are walking on a tight rope. Very little room to make a wrong step. I know this is my life and I enjoy it. Jesus, lead me so that I can lead others to pursue You!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Props on updating...I think you should do it more often,

Mary said...

Glad you updated!!
I completely understand and love what you said about volunteers:
"I would like to special order 4 or 5 adults that care more about the students than about teaching a lesson."
US TOO!!! When we interviewed here, everyone was very onboard and excited about making and having a relational youth ministry...but after a few short months, the truth was...they want US to be relational and them to just teach a lesson on a Sunday once every six week!! AAUUGGHHH!!
ok, rant over...just wanted to say "us too." We hadn't had this problem to this degree any where else until here. Hmm...anyway, it's encouraging and interesting to see "inside your mind"
You and Sarah have cute kids, btw! And being the daddy of TWO girls is no easy job, so way to go! :)